MTI Wireless Edge to Showcase Base Station Antenna at WISPAPALOOZA 2019RFecho
MTI Wireless Edge will showcase its new TVWS Antenna family at WISPAPALOOZA 2019 in Las Vegas, Nevada, from 14 to 18 October. MTI recently introduced a family of TVWS Flat Panel Dual Polarized Base Station Antennas with gain between 11 to 13 dBi and CPE antennas with gain between 7.5 to 11 dBi.
MTI is committed to enhancing this product family with additional antenna models. They have invested significantly in R&D to provide ideal solutions for the challenges presented by the low-frequency propagation of TVWS. Developing high gain antennas providing extended coverage, while maintaining important features such as Front to Back Ratio, Port to Port Isolation, XPD and consistent performance of both Vertical and Horizontal ports allows service providers to offer optimal coverage and capacity and minimize interference.
MTI Base Stations have several unique attributes:
- 90⁰ azimuth coverage – provides enhanced coverage area while maintaining the same gain as narrower azimuth antennas.
- Same and consistent performance per antenna port in terms of gain, azimuth, and elevation coverage – enables service providers to perform efficient and accurate network planning and provide consistent coverage.
- High-end and enhanced Base Station portfolio – allows service providers to choose between 11.5 dBi and 13 dBi Base Stations according to their coverage requirements.
- Up to 10⁰ tilt option in Base Station installation allows flexible coverage suited for each specific scenario.
MTI delivers a comprehensive CPE portfolio provided with multiple options for different scenarios:
- 7.5 dBi stand-alone CPE with a small 320X320 mm form factor
- 11 dBi stand-alone CPE offering high gain in a 600X600 mm form factor.
- 7.5 dBi embedded CPE allowing the antenna to be installed inside the CPE radio enclosure for minimal installation effort
MTI has made broadband more affordable and accessible for underserved and unserved customers in rural areas by utilizing the relatively low frequencies of TVWS. MTI is the first company to market with these antennas and has also secured a significant order from one of the largest fixed wireless broadband service providers in the USA, positioning itself as the market leader in the TVWS arena.