RFS Introduces New Portfolio for NEXTGEN TV Broadcasting ApplicationsRFecho
Radio Frequency Systems (RFS), a global designer and manufacturer of cables, RF systems, antennas and tower systems, has released a new portfolio of ready to ship solutions to help broadcasters futureproof infrastructure as they deploy NEXTGEN TV services.
The portfolio will allow broadcasters to move to the Single Frequency Network (SFN) set up needed to support NEXTGEN TV. This enables them to deliver a wider variety of media to both fixed and mobile devices, provide a customizable over-the-air TV offering and deliver premium services that will allow them to compete with OTT services.
RFS has developed its solutions specifically to address the challenges that broadcasters will face when rolling out this new style of service. This includes broadband antennas that offer a high front-back radiation patterns and sophisticated antenna selection tools which allow customers to choose from a wide range of radiation patterns to ensure they service their entire region without encroaching on neighboring territories.
The development team has focused on designing lightweight, low-wind load equipment that is easy to install on existing towers to support new SFN set-ups. RFS also offers a strong line of combiners and filters to provide a one stop shop for broadcasters looking to move to NEXTGEN TV standards.
With broadcasters incurring significant costs during to repack and NEXTGEN TV evolution, RFS is committed to providing solutions that can adapt to support future broadcasting needs. The NEXTGEN TV solutions are designed in order that as the US evolves in the next decade to 5G broadcast, that RFS broadcast infrastructure can be used to add additional capacity and continue to serve broadcasters as standards change.
RFS saw 500% growth in 2018-2019 as it delivered 100% of its repack deployments within the specified deadline, proving itself as a technologically capable and reliable partner for equipment evolution projects. Additionally, as a designer of infrastructure solutions for both the telecommunications and broadcast markets and is therefore uniquely placed to understand and support broadcasters as we see convergence between the two industries.
The New Portfolio Includes:
- NG Series: Broadband antennas for multi-channel next generation networks. The high-power rating and broadband performance allow multiple channels to be transmitted from an SFN site, reducing capital costs and providing consistent coverage across channels.
- NG-RBL & NG-SBL Series Antennas: Antennas with reduced back radiation for difficult site locations network planning scenarios. These offer an easy way to meet FCC requirements without resorting to large reductions in radiated power.
- CS Series: These Starpoint combiners offer an economical and compact solution for combining non-adjacent channels at multi-channel SFN sites, while minimizing site infrastructure costs.
- CA Series: Constant impedance balanced combiners offer a high-performance solution for combining both adjacent and nonadjacent channels at multi-channel SFN sites.
- HCA Series: HELIFLEX Air-Dielectric Coaxial Cable is fully broadband and ideally suited to the requirements of multi-channel SFN sites. Additionally, the HELIFLEX connectors offer quick installation, excellent gas tightness and extremely low losses.
Alongside an extensive range of US manufactured products to suit any deployment, RFS also offers advanced RF simulation and modelling to ensure optimum network performance.
Click here to view RFS’ complete Broadcast solutions portfolio.